In the Fall of 2021, our local weekly newspaper, Pickens Progress, approached us to see if we would be interested in providing recipes weekly for the paper. We are BOTH huge fans of cooking, therefore, this fit right in for both of us. This recipe, Garlic Roasted Radishes, is the latest recipe printed. As blog posts go on, I will go back to the beginning of our recipe journey and share those here as well.
If you are a lover of radishes, this will really shock you how delicious, and easy, this side dish is. We paired the Garlic Roasted Radishes with hamburgers. As The Rooster said, “Quite tasty”!
- 1 lb. fresh radishes, stems removed, ends trimmed, and halved ***
- 1 tablespoon Rooster’s Market Avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley, dried chives, or dried dill or mix
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced ***
*** Can be purchased at Rooster’s Market
- Preheat oven to 425℉. In a bowl, combine the radishes, avocado oil, dried herbs, salt, and pepper; toss until the radishes are evenly coated. (Note: don’t add the minced garlic until step 3).
- Spread radishes out in a single layer in a large 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. After the first 10 minutes of baking add the minced garlic and toss. Return to oven to bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until radishes are golden brown and easily pierced with a fork.